Saturday, January 26, 2008

Booksale!

Almost couldn't attend the Megopolis library used-bookstore booksale due to ice, but managed at the last minute on my way to work. (I live in Bedroom Community but Megopolis is just across the river). They give you a paper grocery sack, the tall kind with handles, and you fill it up with books, and it costs you ten bucks. There was supposed to be a limit of ten bags, but I heard a guy talking with the staff at the register and he had sixteen. I can only aspire to that kind of greatness, but then again I haven't got that kind of shelf space and would hate to break up the family owing to the divorce that would surely ensue if I brought home sixteen bags of books.

Well, I'm a rank amateur at these things, in that I didn't stand in line before the store opened or anything, but I did get me a bag of books. It was pretty picked over by the time I got there but I got a bunch of books for Delia, a book-on-cd for when she's older ("Misty of Chincoteague" by Marguerite Henry, a favorite of mine as a child), and map book and fishing guide for J. For me, a Russian language course on tape for all that spare time I have. And the satisfaction of getting a bazillion books for ten bucks, of course, and supporting the library.

1 comment:

yellojkt said...

That sounds like a great deal. Tell us about the keepers.