Okay, I may not have been as tempted to steal these memes but I was named personally in yello's answers so what could I do?!
1. When you buy a greetings card are the words or the picture more important to you?
They are equally important, though a funny picture will win if necessary.
2. What's your favorite kind of cake?
Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, preferably made by my mother.
3. Do you ever make gifts for people, if so what, or do you buy them?
I string necklaces and bracelets and earrings and car charms, also sometimes make little scrapbooky photo albums that are way, way cooler than they sound here.
4. What's your favorite holiday - i.e. Christmas?
Probably Christmas, because I get to see everybody. And gifts! I love them.
5. Are you going on holiday this year? If so, where?
Maybe to the coast or camping or hopefully both.
6. What was the best party you've ever been to?
Years ago we had a party at my house for my friend's birthday. It was huge and so much fun. There was a large, fun mix of people, plenty tequila, etc. Good times!
7. If you are married, describe your wedding. If not, what would your ideal wedding be like?
Wedding #1, small at a UCC church, after which we went for coffee with some of the guests.
Wedding #2, (to same person, read on), in mezzanine lobby of local auditorium when our county decided to issue same-sex marriage licenses. It was really fun. I was 6 and a half months pregnant and was battling a bladder infection, and J. had gotten home late the night before from a business trip. I got up super early and went down to stand in line for the license, and a friend went to get J. and we all waited. I had to fill out the paperwork 3 times because you couldn't make any mistakes and I was so excited I kept writing stuff wrong. Then we went to get another friend to be a witness and we all went to the auditorium, where officials of all types were performing ceremonies for free. We were asked, publicity or non-publicity? We chose non, and next available officiant, and were led through the lobby (all around hearing ceremonies and Mazel Tov! and so forth, flashbulbs going off everywhere) until we got to our official. (Who turned out to be a UCC minister whose brother used to be J's minister years ago. And now we go to his church.) Anyway the guys in front of us needed another witness so I volunteered. Then it was our turn and the guys stuck around to watch, and because I am a total sap and was hormonal besides, I got all choky-uppy and by the time I was done I was crying and dammit, I took 'em all down with me. Not a dry eye in the house. :)
A while later the state supreme court invalidated all the marriages and we got our sixty bucks back. We were one of 3000 couples who got married during all of that.
8. What's the most romantic thing that's ever happened to you?
J gave me beautiful earrings last Christmas (2005) which made me cry.
9. What's your favorite romantic song?
Hmm. Have to think. Probably Dave Matthews "Two Step" which isn't romantic exactly.
10. Favorite heartbreak song?
Lyle Lovett, "North Dakota", or Sting, "Inside"
11. Which celebrity would you like a dream date with?
Angelina Jolie, or Alan Cumming.
12. Which female celebrity do you find beautiful?
Angelina Jolie is the Hottest. Woman. Ever. (I agree with yello here)
13. Which male celebrity do you think is attractive?
Brendan Fraser. George of Jungle look good in Armani! And Alan Cumming, something about him.
14. Describe the kind of underwear you normally wear.
Standard-issue cotton granny panties which do not ride up or otherwise make nuisances of themselves. Sorry to be so boring.... but I do go for bright colors and patterns.
15. If you could be in a television sit-com, which would you choose?
That 70's Show, or Scrubs.
16. Which character would you like to be?
Donna, or JD.
17. What are your favorite boy and girl names?
18. What's your supermarket of choice?
Winco for cheapness, Fred Meyer for things other than food, Trader Joe's for fun.
19. What is your best character trait?
I'm funny. And I'm a good friend (I hope).
20. What is your worst habit?
Obsessively playing WoW when I should be doing housework. Also, blogging.
1. Elaborate on your default icon.
No idea what this means.
2. What’s your current relationship status?
Partnered (married in all the important ways) for 7 years.
3. Ever have a near-death experience?
Nearly got t-boned by a semi once going through an intersection, it stopped about 3 inches from my car. Also have nearly been killed on freeways when riding my motorcycle.
4. Name an obvious quality you have.
I’m a natural redhead but you’re gonna have to take my word for it.
5. What’s the name of the song that’s stuck in your head right now?
"The Internet is for Porn!" which sometimes gets combined with "We Are Santa's Elves" from the Rudolph tv special. It then goes something like this: "We are Santa's elves! We stock Santa's shelves! So grab your dick and double click for elves, elves, elves!"
I didn't say it was pretty.
6. Name a celebrity you would marry.
Hmmmm not sure. Marry? kd lang so she would sing to me.
7. Who will cut and paste this meme first?
8. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
Once a woman at the library where I used to work said I looked like somebody in a Gustav Klimt painting. At the time I didn't really know who that was but looking back it was a huge compliment and probably a pick up line. Damn! Hindsight!
9. Do you wear a watch? What kind?
Sometimes, cheesy Timex or (when I get batteries replaced) a Bulova Marine Star.
10. Do you have anything pierced?
Ears, one hole each.
11. Do you have any tattoos?
12. Do you like pain?
13. Do you like to shop?
Yes! Mmmmmmmmm shopping...
14. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Probably a coffee drink.
15. What was the last thing you paid for with your credit card?
Some books off the internet.
16. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
17. What is on your desktop background?
18. What is the background on your cell phone?
My cellphone is antiquated and does not have pictures or fancy ringtones or music on it.
19. What was the last movie you watched?
Hmmm. Probably "Under the Tuscan Sun" while studying or something.
20. What was the last book you read?
Currently working on "Adrian Mole and the Weapons of Mass Destruction," though I just finished re-reading "The Eyre Affair."
Thus endeth ye memes. Read them and weep. Thanks, yellojkt. :)