Saturday, July 15, 2006

'Morning

Baby woke up at 2am whining thusly: "My Smacky... my Smacky... my Smacky... " Good mama that I am, I sprang into action and toured the house searching for Smacky, her beloved doll and charter member of the Complete Naked Baby Doll Collection(TM). Turns out that Smacky was still in the crib with her, she'd only thought that she had tossed her out with the other critters that she was lobbing over the side of the crib, you know, for fun, at two o'clock in the morning.

Then she woke for good at about 6:40am and thus commences the whining. She refused to nap yesterday and went to bed a little bit late so now she is sleep deprived just enough to be Whiny VonUbercomplainer. So I did what any red-blooded American parent would do, I fired up the Disney channel and left her to it. I'm a little sleep-deprived myself and it's this or turn into Ragey McThrowsthings.

Tonight, ladies and gentlemen, we go to a movie. Not just any movie and not just at any theater. We are headed to the new Pirates extravaganza, which yes is mainstreamy and blockbustery but hey! It's full of pirates! Work with me here! And we are seeing it at the local Luxury Theater Experience, which I trust is worth the twenty bucks it will cost us to see this thing (tax included). We have engaged two highly trustworthy pals to stand watch over our precious possessions... oh, and the baby also.

This almost makes up for the scads of time I'm having to spend reading about microbiology and nutrition. I'm finding my internet class to be a real time-saver and love not having to slog around to campus, although I can see how a person might be tempted to put things off. I have anxiety dreams about missing deadlines, exams, etc at school so I'm trying to keep on top of things. I did already have a close call what with thinking the last microbiology quiz was on Thursday instead of Tuesday, but managed to pull a 23.5/25 score right outta my ass (so to speak), and that, ladies and germs, has made all the difference.

Okay, better run before my child's brain turns yet mushier.

No comments: