Sunday, September 09, 2007

Half Dead

So, I'm 40 now. Some might view this as a terrible thing but let's just review the past month, shall we? (woo-woo-woo-woo) (<--- flashback music)

-- I got a shiny new bike.
-- I completed a triathlon.
-- I got into nursing school.

Let's review the last few days before I turned 40:


-- An unexpected and decently-sized check came in the mail. Which we got to use as we saw fit.
-- An unexpected packet came in the mail welcoming me to nursing school beginning a full term before I thought I would be attending.

Let's review my 40th birthday party:

-- I got to have a pirate theme which was totally fun.
-- A pack of kids ages 3 to 11 all wielding dollar-store pirate swords with push-button sound-and-light action is a blast. I only wish I had gotten more eyepatches.
-- The food was good and the mojitos were even better.
-- Many good friends and relatives showed up and showered me with good wishes.
-- I got some nice gifts which were beside the point but totally appreciated. It turns out it really is the thought that counts. :)

I had a great birthday. Thank you everyone. I love you all.

2 comments:

yellojkt said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! For my 40th, I had an 80s themed party. Good times.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there, but I was busy trying to drive on the left side of the road. When there was a side to choose from, that is. Post some pictures, please!