Thursday, December 14, 2006

I just didn't know it was going to be this windy!

It's windy out there tonight. Gusts of up to 60mph, more in the mountains, and the power keeps flickering. I have lit some candles and put the flashlight next to them in case it goes out entirely. It has come very close a couple of times already.

Once we had a windstorm and went out with our friend The Aforementioned Katie, and evidently I goggled a bit overmuch at the mayhem (power poles blown down, sheds uprooted, shingles flying about) because Katie and my loving spouse made unrelenting fun of my about it. Hence the title of this post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did the storm hit you then, or no? I saw on the news today there was flooding in Seattle (my Uncle lives in Redmond).
I am an obsessive googler too!

Impetua said...

We had high wind and lots of rain, power flickered a lot and went out in lots of places but not here. Then today it snowed for a while! And maybe more tomorrow. So exciting!