Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Life Is Good

It occurred to me yesterday as I was talking to friend Monica on the phone that I feel better right now than I have in years.

Went to water aerobics last night, that felt good too. Woke up not sore or stiff, but just feeling like I'd used some muscles I haven't heard from in a while, and it felt good. Every damn thing feels good. What is it lately?!

Another of our goldfish died. I'm going to let BH fish the corpse out. I'm still doing the heebie-jeebie dance from the last one (see earlier post).

Yesterday was my 37th birthday. Happy birthday to me! Had a nice day. BH sent me flowers... brought me some books (Jasper Fforde, the Tuesday Next series, very fun) and a cd (Jimmy Buffett, License to Chill). Bought self a cyclocomputer for bike (for training, yay!), went to Fat Losers. Gained one point something pounds, point two I think. This was expected as I spent the weekend not caring too much in order that I might enjoy some goodies at the BBQ at Mom's and so forth. Ribs! Man they were good. And cake. And the best potato salad I've had in a long, long time. It was nice to just enjoy a little and not go crazy and not beat myself up for it. I was back OP (On Program, in WW message board speak) yesterday and vow to document better and drink water like I should. It really helps plus of course breastfeeding means I need plenty anyway.

Got hooked up with a mentor from the Danskin Triathlon program -- she is here in Portland which was unexpected; the website said they didn't have any here so I was going for an email mentor, and she turned out to be local. So that's exciting. She seems very nice and quite enthusiastic! So I'm looking forward to corresponding with her, even meeting her.

BH and I are shopping this weekend for shoes for me (running/walking) and swimsuits for us both. My suit is starting to get kind of funky, the elastic in the shelf bra part has begun to get brittle and give off that old rubber smell. And it's not so snug as it once was! Yay me!

No comments: