Thursday, May 05, 2005

I'm baaaaack

Phoenix was fun, although the nasty stomach bug I got right as I returned home was not so great. Delia is a great traveler and has been sleeping practically non stop, catching up on all the missed naps. She had the nerve to fall asleep on the plane as we took off for home, slept an hour and a half -- and I'd packed all my reading materials since I'd had no time at all to look at them on the way to Phoenix.

Man, they have some weird shit in that Skymall catalog, that's all I'm going to say.

Friend Patti sent me this, I don't generally send them out to friends but I did return it to her and will post it here. Feel free to comment with your answers!

1. LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN A THEATER: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? The Nanny (the one about a New York nanny, nothing to do with Fran Drescher) -- it's supposed to be funny but I mostly find it kind of sad.
3. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Scrabble, Monopoly in a pinch although it brings back memories of playing with my mercenary brother and living in fear of landing on any of his properties which naturally was most of the board, and all heavily hotel'ed.
4. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Smithsonian, National Geographic
5. FAVORITE SMELLS? vanilla, lavender, apple pie
6. FAVORITE FOODS? chocolate, strawberries, caesar salad, tapioca pudding (homemade preferably), ribeye steak cooked rare, mmmmm.... hungry now...
7. FAVORITE SOUND? Rain on the roof, surf, frogs in a marsh
8. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Rug-pulled-out-from-under-you when something goes bad all of a sudden
9. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE? Ugh, what time is it? (usually awakened by baby around 5:30 am)
10. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE? Taco Bell
11. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? Grace, William
12. FINISH THIS STATEMENT. "If I had a lot of money" I would travel a lot and set up college funds for all the children in my family
13. DO YOU DRIVE FAST? Sometimes but not as much as I used to. I don't like getting tickets.
14. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Not unless you count Wilbur (cat), she's kind of tubby but I don't think you could call her stuffed.
15. STORMS-COOL OR SCARY? Cool now, but when I was little I was terrified of the power going off, it felt like the end of the world. We lived in Florida so it happened frequently. I have had bad dreams about that.
16. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? Severely oxidized blue 1966 Chevy Bel-Air four-door sedan that I bought from (a mutual work friend), which had been in (another mutual work friend)'s family I think since it was new! The dashboard was metal and a mile long and I'm sure would have killed us all in a crash. I liked to say it had a three-dead-body trunk...
17. FAVORITE DRINK? Hot: vanilla latte, cold: real Coke with sugar and everything, over crushed ice if available.
18. FINISH THIS STATEMENT, "IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD" do more calligraphy and scrapbooking
19. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI? Yes.
20. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE BE?
I wouldn't......I love my red hair. (ditto, Patti!)
21. NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS YOU HAVE LIVED IN:
Oak Harbor WA; Rota, Spain; Jacksonville, FL; Tigard/Beaverton/Silverton/West Linn/Portland OR (same general vicinity for thirty odd years); Vancouver WA
22. GLASS - HALF EMPTY OR FULL? Depends on how my PMS/Seasonal Affective is doing. Half full most of the time...
23. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Um, I don't watch sports. Except a little during the Olympics. Sometimes.
24. ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Sweet as the day is long and would give you the shirt off her back if it'd help you out.
25. WHAT IS UNDER YOUR BED? A box with art paper in it, and probably some dust bunnies
26. TOILET PAPER/PAPER TOWEL-OVER OR UNDER? over
27. MORNING PERSON, OR NIGHT OWL? Forced to be a morning person, naturally tend toward night owl
28. OVER EASY, OR SUNNY SIDE UP? Ugh! Over medium at least!
29. FAVORITE PLACE TO RELAX? In a cheap plastic adirondack chair on the front porch of my old house. Now that we've moved, the couch until we get a back porch going that is relax-worthy.
30. FAVORITE PIE? Apple crumb, or cherry if somebody else makes it!
31. OF ALL THE PEOPLE YOU E-MAILED THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO
RESPOND? I didn't email it to anybody but you, but I'm sticking it in my blog (www.impetua.blogspot.com)
32. LEAST LIKELY? n/a

No comments: