Thursday, February 08, 2007

MEMEMEMEME

58 Uninteresting Things About Me.

Stolen from Mel. I like memes.

1. The phone rings. Who do you want it to be?
Karen, Katie, Graham and/or Liz, Alison, Mom, Ed McMahon, etc.

2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
Yes, but if there is one (or more) other cart(s) languishing nearby but NOT in the cart return, I'll cop out and put mine there too. But I always make sure it won't roll. I didn't use to be this conscientious and I'm not sure why I am now.

3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
Kinda depends. Usually a bit more of a talker unless I'm really trying to Be A Better Person (infrequent as that is).

4 Do you take compliments well?
Um, kinda... Mostly I just get embarrassed, but if it's a really sincere compliment I'll savor it all day long.

5. Do you play Sudoku?
When I have time. I would really love an electronic hand held sudoku thingy (backlit, please) for Valentine's Day but I don't think J. reads my blog anymore so I'll have to hint at home. :(

6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
Well, if it wasn't for too long, i.e. I could hike out or someone could find me, I like to think I would. But it wouldn't be pretty. I'd be the one they find wearing only underwear and gibbering.

7. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
Only Outdoor School, which is a school thing. I always kinda wanted to go to camp but I don't think it's as prevalent in the Pacific Northwest as say the Midwest or East coast. I did hear a thing about summer camp culture on This American Life once that highlighted the spastic emotional hyperactivity of large groups of prepubescent and pubescent girls and after that I wasn't so sure it was a bad thing that I'd missed out.

8. What was your favorite game as a kid?
Ghost in the Graveyard, for outdoor games, and Sorry for board games.


9. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you?
OMG no, but if I was single, I'd be harder pressed to answer this. Probably not but it would be tough.


10. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
If they were fundamentalist anything, no. If I would eventually be required to cover my head in church or submit to their dominance or whatever, no. If they were laid back about it, no problem.


11. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
Um, be pursued I guess. But pursuit is okay too if I feel like it's more or less a sure thing. This is hypothetical of course.


12. Use three words to describe yourself? Funny. Smart. Insecure.


13. Do any songs make you cry?
Yes.

14. Are you continuing your education?
Yes.

15. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
Yes but I haven't had a lot of practice. Best to stand off to the side and wear body armor.

16. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
Baby, pets, laptop, desktop (unless we'd burned the photos off it onto cd's in which case the cd's).

17. How often do you read books?
Constantly.

18. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
Future.

19. What is your favorite children’s book?
The Big Clean Up.

20.What color are your eyes?
Blue.

21. How tall are you?
5'8"

22. Where is your dream house located?
Near family and friends. But out in the sticks a little. But not too far from the amenities: coffee place, library, mall, movies, etc.

23. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
Long ago, with a girlfriend, on the Santa Monica pier.

24. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
Um, within the past few weeks, with Alison.

25. Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
It's 7am, so far just up the hall to the bathroom.

26. Do you like mustard?
Yes but in sparing amounts, and preferably dijon or spicy brown or anything other than the bright yellow kind. And only on hot dogs and only with ketchup too.

27. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
My affections for both are evenly divided.

28. Do you look like your mom or dad?
Both, Mom's coloration, Dad's features.

29. How long does it take you in the shower?
10-15 minutes

30. Can you do the splits?
Uh, no.

31. What movie do you want to see right now?
Harry Potter when it comes out. I have no idea what is out right now.

32. What did you do for New Year’s?
Drank sparking cider, watched a movie, caught the ball dropping by about 3 seconds.

33. Do you think The Grudge was scary?
Didn't see, don't care.

34. Do you own a camera phone?
No. No camera, no tunes, no nothing. Very primitive. Like a small brick with an antenna.

35. Was your mom a cheerleader?
Nooooooo.

36. What’s the last letter of your middle name?
E

37. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
About 6. (See answer #58)

38. Do you like Care Bears?
Not in the least. On WoW playe,rs who play on non-PVP servers (where other players using opposing-faction characters can't kill you) are known as Care Bears. I play on a PVP server though I suck at PVP.

39. What do you buy at the movies?
Pop, chocolate in some form. No popcorn unless I'm with somebody else who likes it and then I usually eat some if they buy it.

40. Do you know how to play poker?
Sorta. I play it about every ten years. For an hour.

41. Do you wear your seat belt?
Always. Once you've nearly lost someone dear to you in a bad accident and they say, The seatbelt saved their life, or, It wouldn't have been this bad if they had been wearing their seatbelt, (both of which have happened in my life) you start wearing yours religiously.

42. What do you wear to sleep?
Flannel pajamas (winter), jersey pajamas (summer), socks if my feet are cold (sometimes). Not very titillating but, the honeymoon's over, folks. :)

43. Anything big ever happen in your hometown?
Um, Mt St Helens exploded nearby once...

44. How many meals do you eat a day?
Three, generally.

45. Is your tongue pierced?
No. I had a hard enough time getting my ears to heal, and I'm not that interested in other piercings really. Tattoos, though, are another story.

46. Do you always read MySpace bulletins?
Nah. Not sure what they are.

47. Do you like funny or serious people better?
Funny, hands down.

48. Ever been to L.A.?
Yes, several times. Why anyone LIVES there I'm not sure.

49. Did you eat a cookie today?
Yesterday but it was kind of out of character. The baby and I were at the store and I had this funny little cart with an upper and lower basket (first time I'd ever seen them at the local Safeway) and the baby was so excited -- at last, a cart she could put stuff into! But she was torn because she couldn't ride in it. Anyway she took the liberty of adding a big package of bakery cookies, the frosted shortbread type, and I compromised by buying a couple of single cookies which we shared.

50. Do you use cuss words in other languages?
Merde! Yes! But not out loud, usually.

51. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads?
Pay for it. I'm more paranoid than goody-goody, but I do have a few downloads from long ago before the whole file-sharing thing got weird.

52. Do you hate chocolate?
How could you even think such a thing! Bite your tongue!

53. What do you and your parents fight about the most?
Mom and I don't fight, and Dad and I .... well, I don't know if I'd call it fighting, but we have butted heads a few times about some stuff. It's in my blog.

54. Are you a gullible person?
Occasionally.

55. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy?
Hm. I prefer to have someone than not.

56. If you could have any job (assuming you have the skills) what would it be?
ER physician. Or else zoo vet. Or rich, rich woman with no responsibilities.

57. Are you easy to get along with?
Generally. But once you piss me off, you're in for a bit of turbulence. Until I get over it.

58. What is your favorite time of day?
Evening after the baby goes to bed, so I can play WoW til my eyes bleed.

2 comments:

yellojkt said...

Yikes, that is a long meme. You might as well write a 100 Things About Me post.

Impetua said...

I'm considering it... I'm not sure there ARE 100 things about me, now that I've used up 58 of them in this meme. :P