Friday, March 25, 2005

Back AWAY from the Easter Candy!

Returned to Fat Losers about one month ago; was sheepish, crestfallen, but entirely unsurprised to find I had gained back TWELVE POUNDS. Over the winter. While eating exactly like a hypoglycemic NFL linebacker. Then skipped two weeks mainly out of despair, depression, scheduling conflicts, denial, etc. Returned on week 3 to find self two pounds LIGHTER despite eating like a horse. This week found am down another 1.4 pounds, through absolutely no virtue of my own. Huh.

Then in mail today came my Danskin Triathlon training t-shirt. Ordered the size I generally wear but find it is enormous. Huh. Well, shit. Wonder if it can be returned?

Went to water aerobics twice this week, worked my butt off (I hope anyway) and am planning to go to pool tomorrow. And here's why I am planning to go to pool tomorrow:

I'm going to Phoenix in one month! For almost a week! And taking baby with me! So we bought her a little teensy swimsuit today! OMFG it's the Cutest. Thing. Ever. So we have to try it out, right? Shannon has free passes to the local Y... Julianna plans to sit in the bleachers and take pictures. Of me in my swimsuit (also new and would be very fetching if it weren't upholstering my enormous ass). I don't think so.

Delia's never been in a pool before but loves the bathtub. So we will see how it goes! I'll take one of her toys with me and we'll sit in the shallow end -- it is one of those sloped-entry pools so you start right at ground level and it ramps right down without stairs.

So I'm hoping to play with Delia in the water for a bit and then either swim after handing her off to Julianna, or else get dressed and play around with the exercise equipment.

Baby girl up at 4:30 this morning, I got her up and brought her to bed but she wouldn't stay snoozy for long so we got up for good at 5:10 am. I went to bed at 11pm last night. So J and I thought, we'll have a nice pizza and movie night -- ate the pizza -- plugged in the movie -- I promptly fell asleep and woke up an hour later with drool on my shirt, to find J asleep as well. Yep, we're parents all right...

No comments: